Joel S15 - Locked Diff + Bride

Joel and I have been assembling the best parts of two spare R200 open diffs to create one good locked diff for the drift session Joel is doing this Sat. This is the technique I used to weld the open centre for maximum strength.

But, when we installed the diff into the car, it would not drive forward or reverse and it sounded like some gears were slipping. I'm thinking the backlash between the pinion and ring gear is not correct allowing it to slip under load, and the shims supplied have the wrong tolerance. Basically buying a diff in parts equals a headache when parts are not kept in order when stripping it down. ADL are take a look at it on Monday and hopefully it's just a matter of selecting the right shims, and we're good to go.

 Joel also  picked up this tidy Zeta III with Bride sliding rails from a Toyota MRS which were able to be modify to fit the S15 with a bend here and new hole there.

No comments:

Post a Comment