More Steering Angle for the S14

Joel and I rigged up a string alignment off the bash bar.
 We set the toe to zero, but interestingly once the car was lowered onto the ground it added around 1 degree of toe in. Note the amount of camber I have while the car is jacked up.

I am running A31 Nissan Cefiro rack ends to compensate for the 25mm extended LCAs.
 They are about 35mm longer than S14 / S15 tie rods and are nice and beefy.
 With the extra steering angle the Bilspeer Hyper Steering knuckles offer I found that the wheel was hitting the brake line bracket and preventing me reaching full lock. So that has been shifted over one hole to keep it out of the road. 

The castor rods were the second thing I found limiting the lock available, so I decided to offset them. I cut the flat section of the spacer one side and added it to the other side along with a washer to account for the saw cut. Now they position the castor rod 16mm towards the centre of the car.

5 comments:

  1. gnarly. how much static camber do you end up with?
    and please post more pics of the alignment bar!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around 7-8 degrees. Will have savage turn in, but be more neutral at full lock. Will do next time I set it up.

      Delete
  2. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. vegetable rack, slotted angle racks Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the A31's the same thread pitch as the S14?

    ReplyDelete